Vision Media is the leader in content management and services which empowers their clients to market and deliver their digital and physical products to consumers around the world. Vision Media offers a broad spectrum of products and services from Physical Media Fulfillment and Logistics management, Concessions, Display and Events services, Streaming and eMarketing Platforms and Digital Media Network & Signage solutions. Building on a solid history of customer service and technological innovation, Vision Media has been a trusted partner of the entertainment industry for over 30 years.
The Digital Support Technician position is part of the Technology Department of Vision Media. The Technology department leads the companies’ development and operations of proprietary digital media, signage, and video delivery platforms.
Major Job Duties / Responsibilities:
The Digital Support Technician performs customer and technical services via phone and email, coordinates repair and maintenance labor dispatch’s, provides remote installation support, performs inventory management, participates in special projects, and completes computer hardware repair tasks. The Digital Support Technician will also be required to work with IT and Engineering Quality Assurance on special projects, testing, and internal technical support.
- Performance of customer service, technical support, repair coordination, and installation support
- Proactive and reactive phone calls and emails to digital technologies exhibiting problems
- Refurbishment and or repairs of digital media player hardware assets
- Shipping of hardware for installation and repair activities
- Inventory tracking of digital hardware assets
- Work special projects supporting IT and QA teams
- Submission of weekly reports on customer support case activity and internal assigned project statuses
- Must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Perform all other duties assigned
Background of the ideal Digital Support Technician:
- Associates Degree in relevant field of study (Information Technology preferred)
- 2-3 years’ experience in related field
- Power user understanding of general technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office environments
- Strong understanding of computer hardware troubleshooting
- Understanding of basic TCP/IP concepts and network troubleshooting experience
- Highly articulate with an excellent command of written English
- Excellent phone and email presence
6pm Monday – Friday
1 on call weekend per month
To apply for open positions or introduce yourself to Vision Media, please email your resume along with the Job Posting # and Description to HR@visionmedia.com.