Vision Media is a powerful multi-media company delivering marketing content and collateral direct to key audiences. With a rich tradition in the entertainment industry, we specialize in physical and digital media, displays and events. Vision Media serves as the back office, warehouse and conduit to help publicity, distribution and marketing departments execute on campaigns, digital initiatives and consumer-based projects.
Vision Media is looking for a remote Software Developer with strong development, problem-solving, and communication skills to contribute to a team of developers tasked with design and development of a proprietary Order Management and Inventory Management system. The applications are internal and externally facing, so security is a focus of the architecture. Development considerations include user experience, productivity, client requirements and system performance.
The purpose of this position is to maintain functionality and incorporate new enhancements into the proprietary systems. The primary responsibilities of this role include developing REST services, implementing changes to the database and service models and creating new modules. The ideal candidate will be a developer proficient in .NET.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years in professional application development role in .NET
- Experience working with and maintaining SOAP and/or Webapi services
- ASP.NET MVC experience or experience with other MVC frameworks required
- Proficient with DB technologies (Microsoft SQL) and strong overall SQL query writing skills
- Experience with Git, JIRA and Slack.
- Experience with AWS Windows Sever technologies a plus
- Experience with Visual Studio.NET
- Knowledge in relational database design and development
- US-only telecommuting position; Must be available during business hours in Pacific Standard Time
- Develop .NET applications and participate in code reviews for mission-critical business functions
- Utilize expertise to create new functionality within our product
- Contribute to system testing to ensure quality deliverables and provide technical documentation
- Assist in planning, defining scope, setting priorities, estimating work effort and technical complexity
- Work collaboratively with team members to design and implement a supportable and flexible solution
- Become the SME of the proprietary platforms
Working at Vision Media
Vision Media recruits and retains only the most qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where employees can innovate and grow at their craft, and we reward high performance via a competitive compensation package, benefits and 401k matching.
To apply for open positions or introduce yourself to Vision Media, please email your resume along with the Job Posting # and Description to HR@visionmedia.com.