Vision Media is one of the industry’s premier marketing and consumer products fulfillment/distribution companies. We are experts in executing the most complex marketing programs on behalf of our clients, who include major television networks, movie studios, theatrical exhibitors and high-profile non-entertainment industry companies, each with unique needs, requirements and deadlines.
Vision Media is currently seeking a Vendor Management Specialist in our Overland Park, KS office. This position deals directly with our manufacturing suppliers to ensure accurate and efficient workflow for projects, including managing production timelines, pricing, communications, forecasting and inventory control. The ideal candidate will be one with excellent communication skills and excels in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an extreme level of accuracy.
- Develop and maintain excellent business relationships with existing vendors
- Evaluate and conduct vendor performance reviews via scorecards
- Maintain an industry awareness for new opportunities and product offerings
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of each vendor’s production capacity, managing the vendor selection process for order placement
- Manage the workflow of new projects and current projects in production
- Manage the flow of inventory with vendors that have floor stocking agreements
- Manage requests for pricing and timing of product delivery
- Accurately place PO’s in vendor systems, verifying invoices to ensure correct pricing
- Monitor quality of finished goods
- Perform data entry accurately and timely with both internal business systems and external vendor systems
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum of one year experience in vendor management, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma required
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship-building skills, ability to work well with others
- Highly self-motivated and organized with meticulous follow-through
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
Working at Vision Media
Vision Media recruits and retains only the most qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where employees can innovate and grow at their craft. We reward high performance with competitive compensation, benefits and 401k matching.