[vc_row][vc_column][morello_section_title_block][vc_column_text]Vision Media is a powerful multi-media company delivering marketing content and collateral direct to key audiences. With a rich tradition in the entertainment industry, we specialize in physical and digital media, displays, and events. Vision Media serves as the back office, warehouse, and conduit to help publicity, distribution, and marketing departments execute on campaigns, digital initiatives, and consumer-based projects.
Senior DevOps Engineer
The role of the Senior DevOps Engineer requires extensive collaboration with various Infrastructure and Operations teams for building and enhancing our next generation continuous delivery platform with the goal of shift-left in development while ensuring robust operational best practices. It is a highly technical role that combines skill sets required to constantly balance between engineering and operations activities such as to define deployment, configuration, monitoring, and software development. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently and collaborate with geographically distributed teams to deliver core values across the organization.
- At least 5 years of experience working with the following products within the AWS ecosystem: ELB, ECS, SES, EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Elasticsearch, Elasticache, Autoscaling, Redis, Route53, VPC, and IAM
- Experience working with clustered MongoDB instances
- Proficient working with Ansible, Terraform, and Prometheus (or similar)
- Experience with Scripting (Bash, Python, or equivalent)
- Proficient in the architecture and deployment of containers using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with deploying and troubleshooting a Node.JS environment
- Strong understanding of DNS, CDN, SSL, Firewalls, and networking concepts
- Familiar with software security best practices
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, oral and written communication skills
- US-only telecommuting position; Must be available during business hours in Pacific Standard Time
- Experience working with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis CI)
- Prior experience with Cloudflare, Git, and NGINX
- Prior experience using JIRA/Confluence
- Manage all aspects of an existing AWS infrastructure including cost optimization, software delivery, automation, storage, backups, change management, security, resource orchestration, configuration management, and monitoring.
- Interface with various development teams to provide direction on the implementation of new AWS products or address issues within the AWS infrastructure to increase efficiency and repeatability.
- Maintain and improve container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Monitor production platform availability, stability, and performance and troubleshoot/fix issues.
- Build new continuous integration and delivery pipelines to automate and optimize operations and promote engineering.
Working at Vision Media
Vision Media recruits and retains only the most qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where employees can innovate and grow at their craft, and we reward high performance via a competitive compensation package, benefits, and 401k matching.
To apply for open positions or introduce yourself to Vision Media, please email your resume along with the Job Posting and Description to HR@visionmedia.com.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]